Legal, Policies & Warranty
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Placement of an order indicates acceptance of the terms and conditions listed on this site.
We exercise tremendous effort to be correct with the information provided, flawless in our spelling, and accurate with the photographs shown. However, unintentional oversights and errors do occur. We apologize in advance and ask for your understanding if any inaccuracies are found.
- Use of Images – In some cases, we show the most representative image available to depict a product, even though it may not be the actual item. Contact Us to learn about the latest information and features for any product.
- Misprints – Merchandise, prices and specifications are subject to change without notice. Descriptive, typographic, or photographic errors are subject to correction at any time without notice.
- Specifications: FERNO reserves the right to change specifications without notice.
- Medical Device – Customers buying Medical Devices acknowledge they are licensed and/or certified to make these purchases and assume all liability associated with their purchase and use.
The sale, use, application or operation of the medical device being or to be purchased may be subject to certain laws, rules and regulations promulgated by federal, provincial and local regulatory agencies.
By purchasing a medical device through this site you acknowledge and represent that you are a legally authorized purchaser, and licensed to use this medical device for your own use, and/or you are authorized to purchase this medical device on behalf of another person or entity legally authorized to purchase or use this medical device.
You are solely responsible for compliance verification from government agencies having jurisdiction, including, but not limited to those mentioned above, to determine your eligibility or of the end-user you represent for the purchase and use of this medical device.
You agree to release, hold harmless and waive any and all claims, causes of actions, damages, including consequential damages and/or loss of use, or liabilities of any kind or nature against Ferno Canada, which may arise as a result of failure by you or the end-user you represent to comply with any eligibility requirements and the use or misuse of this medical device
Purchase & Payment
Purchases made through the website must be paid by credit card (MasterCard or Visa) at the time the order is placed.
- Canadian Only – Customers acknowledge they are not distributing purchased products outside of Canada.
- Not for Resale – Purchases made through our website are intended for professional use only and end-customers acknowledge that products are not for resale.
Conditions of Sale
Ferno reserves the right to accept or reject any and all orders, regardless of the manner in which the order is made. The sale shall be deemed made in Mississauga, ON.
All sales are subject to the laws of the Province of Ontario and the venue for all disputes shall be in the courts of Ontario. Any terms or conditions set forth in the buyer’s purchase order shall not materially alter terms and conditions set forth herein.
Ferno products are warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one year, except as follows:
- Ambulance Cots, Ambulance Transporters, Lift Off Stretchers and Fasteners are warranted for 2 years.
- EZ-Glide® Chairs and PowerTraxx® Retrofit Kits are warranted for 2 years.
- 59-E Evacuation Chairs are warranted for 15 years.
- Mortuary products are warranted for 2 years.
- Soft goods (webbing, vinyl, fabric, foam, etc.) are warranted for 90 days.
- Batteries, Chargers and Integrated Charging Systems are warranted for 2 years.
- EMS bags (replaceable bottom excluded) are warranted for lifetime replacement.
- Backboards are warranted for 5 years.
- Second stock products are warranted for 90 days.
- Ferno repairs are warranted for 90 days from the date of repair.
- iNTRAXX Wall Tracks are warranted for lifetime replacement.
- iNTRAXX Components are warranted for 2 years.
- External finishes (gelcoat, paint, powdercoat, decals, etc.) are warranted for 90 days.
This limited warranty applies only when you use and care for the product as described in the instructions provided with the product. Misuse, abuse, accident, or modification void this warranty. The warranty period begins the date the product was first purchased by you as the original end-user or the date you as the original end-user receive it if you have proof of the delivery date. This Limited Warranty is not transferable or assignable in any manner. Shipping charges are not covered by this limited warranty. Ferno is not liable for shipping damages or damages sustained through using the product.
Third Party products distributed by Ferno retain the product manufacturer’s original warranties and guarantees. Such warranties and guarantees, if any, are solely those of the product manufacturer. Ferno offers no warranties or guarantees of any kind additional to those of the product manufacturer, nor does Ferno assume any liability for products manufactured by others.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
If a product is proven defective, FERNO will repair or replace it, or, at its option, refund the item’s purchase price. In no event is FERNO liable for more than the selling price of the product. The purchaser accepts these terms in lieu of all damages.
Except for the limited warranty above, FERNO makes no other warranties, either expressed or implied. FERNO makes no implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose for its own product or for the products of others. In no event will FERNO be liable for any indirect or consequential damages sustained in connection with the delivery, use, or performance of its products.
Under breach of limited warranty, any legal action for breach of the limited warranty must be filed within one year of the date the breach is or should have been discovered.
LIMITED WARRANTY CLAIMS AND DISPUTES
Contact our Customer Service Team promptly if you receive a product from FERNO that you suspect is defective. A representative will assist you with the claim procedure. Before sending any product to FERNO, obtain a return authorization number from a FERNO Customer Service Representative.